MISTA 2017: Registration, Accommodation and Travel
Registration for the FULL conference includes:
- Attendance at all conference sessions
- A copy of the proceedings
- Lunch each day
- Tea/coffee each day
- Conference reception
- Conference banquet
Registration for a SPECIFIC day:
- Attendance at all conference sessions on that day
- A copy of the proceedings
- A day registrtaion does NOT include the reception or the banquet
Registration cost does NOT cover accomodation. See below for how to book this.
The registration form is available in both Word and PDF. Please complete it and email it to Deborah Pitchfork (email@example.com). When completing the form, please note the following:
Other points to note:
- Every paper/abstract that is published in the proceedings has to have a registered author, so please make sure that you include the Easychair paper ID, as well as the title and the authors.
- If you are registering as a student, please make sure that you provide evidence that you are a student.
- To get the early registration fee you we must have received your payment (not just the form) by the 26th Oct 2017.
- MISTA always has a Social Day after the conference (8th Dec 2017). It is done as an extra cost as not everybody will go and it is unfacir on others to subsidise this activity. We do not have the details yet but if you’d like to pre-register then choose this option. It will be done at cost and we will sort out any balances at the conference.
- If you pay by credit card (see link below), you will be charged a booking fee. This fee goes to the service provider, not to MISTA.
- We are aware that we have only provided the costs in GBP. This has been done as the MISTA bank account is held in the UK and we carry out all transactions in GBP.
There are various ways to pay. Our preferred method would be a cheque made out in Sterling (and this will also save you a transaction fee) but we understand that this is not practical for everybody.
We must receive payment (not just the registration form) by the 26th Oct 2017 in order to qualify for the early registration fee.
If you wish to pay by credit card, then we offer the option to pay via Eventbrite.
If you wish to pay by bank transfer, please use the following account details:
- Account Name: MISTA
- Bank: Natwest
- Account Number: 71525408
- Sort Code: 60-15-49
- BIC/Swift: NWBK GB 2L
- IBAN: GB59 NWBK 6015 4971 5254 08
The amount we receive MUST be the correct sterling amount. If the correct amount does not arrive, you are still liaible to pay the difference.
If you choose this payment option please ensure that you include something in the reference so that we can identify you. We would suggest the paper id and the corresponding author's family name.
If you wish to pay by cheque, we can only accept cheques made out in sterling (GBP). Cheques made out in other currencies cannot be accepted and you might then be liable for late registration fees if you need to arrange another form of payment. Cheques should be made payable to MISTA
The venue for the conference is the Grand Millennium Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
We have arranged special rates with the hotel:
- Single Deluxe Room, MYR 340++ (MYR 396.44), inclusive of one buffet breakfast
- Double Deluxe Room, MYR 370++ (MYR 431.42), inclusive of two buffet breakfasts
- Single Club Room, MYR 510++ (MYR 594.66), inclusive of access to club room benefits (e.g. access to lounge, cocktails, snacks, laundry etc.)
- Double Deluxe Room, MYR 560++ (MYR 650.00), inclusive of access to club room benefits (e.g. access to lounge, cocktails, snacks, laundry etc.)
At the time of writing, XE.com was giving the following conversions:
- Single Deluxe
- Double Deluxe
- Single Club Room
- Double Club Room
You can book the hotel, at specially negotiated rates here.
The special rates details are only available for the conference dates (4th - 8th Dec 2017)
From Kuala Lumpur International Airport
Taxis are quite cheap and to get from the airport to the hotel will cost about MYR 120. Prebook a taxi just after collecting your luggage and before you exit into the main arrivals hall. It is STRONGLY recommended that you book a taxi using one of the taxi booking services.
A good alternative is to use KLIA Ekspres. This takes you from the airport to KL Sentral in 28 minutes. It costs MYR 55 (one way) or MYR 100 (return). When you arrive at KL Sentral you will still need to get a taxi to the hotel. This will cost about MYR 50 (depending on time and traffic).
If there are two, or more, of you it is probbaly cheaper to share a taxi.
Grab and Uber both operate in Malaysia.